COCONUT CREAM AND LIME MARGARITA
Blanco tequila is a pure form of the agave-based alcohol; unlike resposado and añejo tequila, it isn’t aged in wood. Here, the lightest tequila gets a rich and creamy texture from coconut cream, to which the standard mix of orange-flavored liqueur and lime juice is added.
Coconut Cream and Lime Margarita
- Kosher salt, grated lime zest and sugar for rimming glass
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 oz. (60 ml) coconut cream or cream of coconut
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) blanco tequila
- 1 oz. (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. (15 ml) Cointreau
- 1/4 oz. (7 ml) simple syrup
1. On a small plate, combine equal parts salt, lime zest and sugar and spread in an even layer. Gently rub 1 of the lime wedges around the rim of a rocks glass. Holding the base of the glass, dip the rim into the salt mixture. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Just before serving, fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the coconut cream, tequila, lime juice, Cointreau and simple syrup. Cover, shake vigorously and strain into the ice-filled glass. Garnish with the remaining lime wedge. Serves 1.
Leave a comment